Technical English in Mechanical Engineering
This course is designed to provide a general introduction to skills and strategies to understand texts in spoken and written English with a focus on the field of Mechanical Engineering. It is expected that this course helps students of this major to learn and understand what they are to write and read. Therefore, a variety of skills and methods is designed to offer students an opportunity to strengthen what they already know and to receive new knowledge of technical English in their area of research and prospective authoring tasks including scientific papers, proposals, technical reports, etc. Topics such as a comprehensive review of grammar and structures in English, reading comprehension skills together with a style of learning new technical words through word visualization techniques in related and quite novel technical readings are expected to cover.
Students who successfully complete the course will demonstrate the following outcomes by tests, homework, and design project.
1. Understanding and learning important grammatical structures in English and their applications.
2. Learn how to pronounce technical words appearing in Engineering documents.
3. Learning important vocabulary and technical terminology in ME and their application.
4. Practicing general skills and strategies in reading comprehension.
5. Learning techniques to develop technical and formal writings.
Free discussion classes
3:00- 4:30 PM
English Language Center